Cassandra Sanders | email@example.com
Shawn Voigt | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Society (Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica) was founded in the fall of 2012 and named “El Alcázar,” after the beautiful castle in Segovia, Spain, whose foundations were set by the Romans, built upon by the Arab Moors and Iberian Christians throughout the centuries--much like the Spanish language!
The Spanish Honor Society exists to encourage the lifelong use and appreciation of Spanish language and its many cultures among its members. Initiates recite an oath as part of the induction ceremony in all SHH chapters.
Benefits of membership include:
- Obtain another incentive for learning Spanish
- Membership in an Honor Society
- Activities like the monthly Spanish Film series, cultural outings, and events
- Availability of SHH stickers for your diploma and graduation cords for that big day!
- Apply for scholarships!
- Publish your own works in Albricias, the SHH magazine!
- Participate in community service
- Membership looks great on a diploma and your resumé
- Have maintained an 88% or better over the last two semesters of Spanish courses, and continue to maintain an 88% or better in Spanish through the current year
- Maintain honors course requirements over the course of the current school year
- Maintain a 3 (rubric scale) or better in Target Language Use and Life Skills throughout the year
- Commit to a life-long learning and appreciation of Spanish language and culture
- Stand out by wearing a red/gold cord with an attached medallion of the Honors Society Logo at Graduation.